IP SAN is being considered as a definitive answer for the storage networking needs, by the IT sector. Traditional Fibre Channel SAN has a new additional qualification to it, as it also works on the TCP/IP rather than the typical FC. With this availability, the beauty of IP SAN gets increased, as it turns omnipresent via internet for gaining the benefits of IP SAN, without the need for a physical SAN infrastructure.
Factually speaking, there will be a common platform, for the hardware terms in the SAN structure. The difference lies in the vendors providing the most advanced software management tools, which have greater value with regards to their management skills. One such IP SAN software is Stonefly IP SAN SCVM application
Stonefly’s SCVM software is one of the best and an on-demand application running down in the VMware environment. In order to justify its presence let us go through its features in parallel to its benefits.
- With an SCVM, a regular server can be turned into a primary IP SAN storage or a secondary IP san storage. So the need for an additional storage gets abolished as the software helps to create additional storage space within one’s VMware environment.
- Moreover, it supports both local and remote mirroring and replication, which is helpful for data recovery, at the time, when data continuity need arises.
- Adding more, the Stonefly SCVM software application is apt to be used as backend storage for a cloud appliance and a security appliance.
- It offers backend storage operations to the archive appliances and serves as de-duplication backend storage as well.
- A high end clustered SAN can be transformed into a high availability storage system with a centralized SAN management. This helps in providing storage needs to multiple servers and that too without the apprehension for down time.
- Consolidation of storage and servers into one appliance is possible through Stonefly SCVM
*The Dr. Site feature of this high performing SCVM offers remote Asynchronous replication of high volumes of data in between the VMware servers, which are equipped with the same vendor software.
So, why go for other IP SAN software, when Stonefly is offering you the best through its SCVM application software. Think about it and install it in your storage environments, to make your data center management skills simple and pragmatic.