“Virtualization” has been a major buzzword these days in the world of IT. With so many enterprises virtualizing their datacenters, it is definitely becoming a new way of computing. I recently read this interesting article: “Is Server Virtualization The New Clustering?“. It gives some great insight on the trends of virtualization and how it can reduce operating expenses, while increasing resource utilization and making management much easier.
Things are looking up for the IP surveillance market. 2010 has been a good year, as IP Camera Sales alone jumped 30% according to IPVideoMarket.info. But 2011 is looking even brighter, and here are the top reasons why:
- Mature IP Technology: Over the past years, the IP Surveillance market is developing at a rapid rate by offering more advanced IP cameras, Video Management Software, and Video Management Engines at a better cost.
- Declining Analog Surveillance Sales: As IP Surveillance offers more scalable, affordable and performance-driven features, analog cameras and DVR sales have declined and are expected to decline in the following years.
- Demand for Image Quality and HD Cameras: Resolution is key in today’s surveillance industry, and IP Cameras these days are boosting up their megapixel resolutions like never before.
- Economic Rebound: With the economy slowly rebounding from the recession, we see more companies investing more on surveillance, giving the IP surveillance market a broader customer base than in recent years.
This week we launched the Storage Concentrator Virtual Machine (SCVM™), StoneFly’s first IPSAN software appliance. We are excited to bring this new and innovative product out to the market, which is why we compiled the top 5 things you need to know about the SCVM™. So here they are:
- SCVM™ is a virtual IPSAN, which can be used on your existing virtual server
- Currently SCVM™ can be used on VMWare and Hyper-V environments, and soon Xen (which will be available on Q1 of 2011)
- It is ideal for your Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans
- This appliance lowers operational datacenter costs and increases RTO
- You can download a FREE trial version of SCVM™ on the StoneFly website
Learn more about SCVM™ and what it can offer you, check out our latest Press Release or call us at (510) 265-1616.