October 31, 2011
For the past few years, Virtualization (and to an extent, Cloud Computing) practices have been implemented by organizations, both big and small, to build a more efficient data center. Deploying virtualization to your IT environment does have its advantages, one being energy efficiency. In this eWeek.com article “How to Implement Green Data Centers with IT Virtualization“, it mentions how virtualization is probably the first and most important step to developing an energy-efficient data center.
And how can we argue with that? Not only does it consolidate your storage and server resources (saving you money on operation and maintenance costs) but it also utilizes your existing resources proactively and efficiently.
For more information about how you can create a “Green Datacenter” watch our StoneFly webinar with the Green Data Center Alliance on our YouTube page at: http://youtu.be/UHYEpw01eYE
October 28, 2011
Follow below two steps to configure your IP SAN with the correct product –
Step 1- Calculate total number of drives using our Stonefly RAID Calculator
Step 2- Use number of drives (calculated in Step 1) in Storage Calculator to configure your IP SAN with the correct product.
Yes, its that easy!
October 25, 2011
ATTENTION IT Integrators! Preparing your IT environment for IP surveillance isn’t as difficult than you think.
According to the CRN.com article “How To Integrate Video Surveillance Into Your IT Solutions” about 90% of the installation process are processes you already know.
Think about it, configuring storage, servers, and critical software applications to your IT environment is pretty much the same as integrating an IP surveillance environment. The only difficulty that you might face is installing the video cameras, but even so, camera manufacturers often provide a wealth of resources for successful integration.
For more information about IP surveillance integration, check out our video “IP Network Storage For Security Surveillance” on our DNF Security YouTube page.
October 21, 2011
As data needs become more complex and onerous for in-house IT staff, DNF’s Professional Service Engineers can assist in data services without disrupting business operations of an enterprise.
We offer a full range of expert services from requirements gathering and evaluating the existing environment assessments to technology selection, deployment and monitoring.
The DNF Professional Services engineer determine the best tailored services to fit your needs and ultimately a successful storage implementation. The services fall in below categories:
- Training – We work with your team to train them about nuts and bolts of storage technology.
- Remote Management – Our Professional services include fully managed services for monitoring and managing your storage and backup environments.
- Disaster Recovery Planning –Our team can help you recover data from literally any type of media from external disk drives, storage arrays, networked storage and internal disks.
- Data Replication – We offer a unique, guaranteed, and simple plan to deploy data replication to our data center assuring you data availability at all times.
- Data Security & Protection – Based on your business process, our experts will provide appropriate security recommendations that will be perfectly aligned with your business needs and industry security best practice.
- Data Migration – Highly qualified consulting engineers will guide your organization through the migration process with the least amount of disruption to your end-users and your overall business environment.
- Performance & Reliability Testing – Our team of experts will help you get the best possible performance from your existing servers and storage by making suggestions on ways to tune the system for best performance.
- VMware Consulting & Installation – DNF is a VMware Alliance Partner and has certified VMware engineers on our team to help you with VMware Server and ESX Server design, implementation and configuration.
- Storage & Server Consolidation – Our professional team will help you sort through and understand the hottest topics in IT, including storage and server consolidation.
- Requirement Review & Assessment – Our experts will work with you to evaluate your existing environment and come up with an effective strategy and solution that will meet your business requirements, budgets and redundancy needs.
- Installation & Configuration – We will work with you to allocate space strategically and forecast future needs for initial setup and configuration of your storage.
So what are you waiting for? Call DNF Professional Services and never worry about your data needs again!
October 20, 2011
Today StoneFly announces a technology partnership with Tarmin, storage management software provider, to create the StoneFly USS Archiver. The USS Archiver is an all-in-one physical appliance approach to archiving that powerfully addresses the numerous challenges of effectively managing the retention of critical business information.
Unique features of the USS Archiver include an object based storage framework, customizable policy driven information management automation, advanced access controls, encryption and audit functionality, rich metadata management and a single global namespace making the Archiver an ideal choice across a wide range of requirements.
For more information about the USS Archiver or our technology partnership, read our latest press release.
October 17, 2011
Implementing a new IT infrastructure is a serious undertaking for any organization, especially if the technology is as involved as virtualization.
Check out this interesting article from SearchDataCenter.com called “Preparing for Network Virtualization“. They point out useful tips on what Network Administrators and non-technical personnel can do to make the transition smoother, including:
- Understanding your Organization Goals. Can your organization goals be achieve by Network Virtualization? If so, then Virtualization might be the best transition.
- What are your IT Requirements? Implementing a new network is a huge undertaking, so it is important that the technical team understand what is needed for the virtualization adoption.
- Knowing the Future or your Network. A Network Administrator’s work is never done. Implementing a new network is just the beginning, administrators must understand what are the requirements down the road and plan them accordingly.
Learn more about StoneFly’s patented Virtualization Technology on this video.
October 14, 2011
Determining available storage based on RAID level can be tricky, which is why we recommend Stonefly RAID Calculator
Calculate your storage on RAID level in seconds and leave early for the weekend. You are welcome!