October 31, 2011
For the past few years, Virtualization (and to an extent, Cloud Computing) practices have been implemented by organizations, both big and small, to build a more efficient data center. Deploying virtualization to your IT environment does have its advantages, one being energy efficiency. In this eWeek.com article “How to Implement Green Data Centers with IT Virtualization“, it mentions how virtualization is probably the first and most important step to developing an energy-efficient data center.
And how can we argue with that? Not only does it consolidate your storage and server resources (saving you money on operation and maintenance costs) but it also utilizes your existing resources proactively and efficiently.
For more information about how you can create a “Green Datacenter” watch our StoneFly webinar with the Green Data Center Alliance on our YouTube page at: http://youtu.be/UHYEpw01eYE
October 17, 2011
Implementing a new IT infrastructure is a serious undertaking for any organization, especially if the technology is as involved as virtualization.
Check out this interesting article from SearchDataCenter.com called “Preparing for Network Virtualization“. They point out useful tips on what Network Administrators and non-technical personnel can do to make the transition smoother, including:
- Understanding your Organization Goals. Can your organization goals be achieve by Network Virtualization? If so, then Virtualization might be the best transition.
- What are your IT Requirements? Implementing a new network is a huge undertaking, so it is important that the technical team understand what is needed for the virtualization adoption.
- Knowing the Future or your Network. A Network Administrator’s work is never done. Implementing a new network is just the beginning, administrators must understand what are the requirements down the road and plan them accordingly.
Learn more about StoneFly’s patented Virtualization Technology on this video.
June 7, 2011
Last month, CRN Magazine dubbed StoneFly one of the top 100 vendors in the virtualization space with their Virtualization 100 list. Now we are honored that CRN has chosen StoneFly (yet again!) as one of the “15 Storage Virtualization Vendors to Watch” .
This list highlights the top 15 emerging storage vendors in the virtualization industry. With our core engineering values rooted in the best virtualization technology, StoneFly is glad to be a part of such a great list.
May 2, 2011
StoneFly’s StoneFlex USS is a finalist for UK’s Storage Magazine annual Storage Awards. We are excited and honored that the product has been nominated for the “Storage Virtualisation Product of the Year” category.
Released in late 2010, the StoneFlex USS (which stands for: Unified Server and Storage) was engineered to fully consolidate your datacenter in one fault-tolerant appliance. With the ability to drive several virtualized operating system in one storage system, this dynamic solution can meet more demanding applications, while allowing for complete hardware utilization and reducing overall operating costs.
To learn more about the Storage Awards and how to vote for us, visit http://www.storage-awards.com/.
June 11, 2010
Is iSCSI the right storage technology for you? Although the technology is quite popular among the storage solutions industry, you might still have your own reservations about iSCSI, its technology capabilities and how it can benefit you and your deployment goals.
Let us ease you anxieties this Wednesday, June 16, 2010 at 10am PST as we present this week’s Stonefly Webinar:
“How and why iSCSI can achieve your Virtualization Goals – Technology and Implement Made Simple”
Learn why and how to implement iSCSI technology storage solutions, as we answer the following:
- Will iSCSI achieve my virtualization deployment goals?
- What are the best practices and procedures to using iSCSI? Live Demo
- How to use Multi Path IO (MPIO) in iSCSI environment? Live Demo
- What is VSS and what does it do for me?
- What does iSCSI technology buy me? What are the features I can benefit from?
To register, please sign up here for more details: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/331831523
May 7, 2010
Does going “green”, especially when it comes to virtualizing servers and storage, seem just too complicated, unattainable, or idealistic? Surprisingly it is not as hard as you think. Join us on Wednesday, May 12, 2010 at 10:00 am PST for our weekly webinar, and we will answer all your questions, including:
- What is technology behind “green” server and storage virtualization?
- What are the best practices and procedures to implement or enhance green savings for today’s virtual environments?
- What is the pay off by going the “environmentally-friendly” route? Short term …Long term …
If you are trying to find new and cost effective ways to improve your current virtual environment, then this webinar will put your mind at ease. Sound interesting? Sign up here to and go green!
December 10, 2009
We just announced that the Voyager, our highest performing IP SAN appliance, achieved “Solaris™ Ready” certification with Sun’s Solaris 10 Operating System (OS) on SPARC® and x64/x86 platforms.
Voyager joins other Solaris Ready certified StoneFly IP SANs such as the Integrated Storage Concentrator (ISC) and OptiSAN product lines. With StoneFly’s complete line of IP SAN products supporting Solaris 10, our customers now have a wide range of storage systems to utilize with a proven, industry-leading operating system. To read more about our new Solaris Ready certification, check out the news release.