August 30, 2012
California based data Storage vendor StoneFly™ INC, which is a business subsidiary of Dynamic Network Factory has announced its fight against breast cancer through its SCVM Promo. StoneFly™ INC will be donating 100 percent of their earnings from their prestigious SCVM software appliance, to the support, treatment, awareness and research-STAR of breast cancer.
According to the facts revealed by StoneFly™ INC, almost 40,000 lives are claimed by breast cancer each year in United States. The company also divulges the fact that most of the cases of death were/are preventable, if the cancer gets detected in the right time and on proper medication.
So, in order to educate, treat and support the victims of breast cancer, StoneFly™ INC is partnering with STAR and is creating breast cancer awareness, through its SCVM Promo. The total cost of purchase of Storage Concentrator Virtual Machine (SCVM) made in between the month of August – September 30th, 2012 will be donated to the cause for fighting against cancer.
SCVM is a virtual IP SAN software appliance which facilitates creation of virtual IP SAN within the existing resources of the virtual server. It is an innovation applicable for VMware environments as it presents advanced and fully features virtual iSCSI SAN + NAS Scale out Storage for Virtual machines. With the creation of iSCSI Virtual SAN appliance with available hardware resources, increase in productivity and easing the management abilities of the IT Manager can be achieved along with reduction in power consumption and rack space.
For more details about StoneFly™ INC SCVM support to fight breast cancer please call (510) 265-1616 or log onto the official website of ISCSI
October 17, 2011
Implementing a new IT infrastructure is a serious undertaking for any organization, especially if the technology is as involved as virtualization.
Check out this interesting article from SearchDataCenter.com called “Preparing for Network Virtualization“. They point out useful tips on what Network Administrators and non-technical personnel can do to make the transition smoother, including:
- Understanding your Organization Goals. Can your organization goals be achieve by Network Virtualization? If so, then Virtualization might be the best transition.
- What are your IT Requirements? Implementing a new network is a huge undertaking, so it is important that the technical team understand what is needed for the virtualization adoption.
- Knowing the Future or your Network. A Network Administrator’s work is never done. Implementing a new network is just the beginning, administrators must understand what are the requirements down the road and plan them accordingly.
Learn more about StoneFly’s patented Virtualization Technology on this video.
June 27, 2011
Last week I came across this interesting whitepaper on CIO.com about the rapid growth of server virtualization practices within mid-market businesses. Just over the past few years, the jump to server virtualization among midsized enterprises have increased dramatically and is expected to grow up until 2012. Here are some key findings:
- 30% of midsized companies (worldwide) started server virtualization before 2009, but that number doubled by the end of 2009
- 75% of companies expect to implement server virtualization by 2012
- From 2009 to 2012, the use of server virtualization jumped nearly 46% (from 29.1% to 75.1%)
- Transition to server virtualization compelled to upgrade and deploy storage area network (SAN) appliances
- Within the next 2 years, implementing disaster recovery to virtualization efforts becomes a big priority
Want to learn more about server virtualization? Here are some helpful links.
May 23, 2011
StoneFly is proud to announce that CRN Magazine has chosen us to be on their Virtualization 100 list. Featuring the top 100 vendors in the virtualization space, this list 100 is specifically hand-picked by the editorial staff of CRN. The list serves as the de facto resource by which VARs can begin to evaluate the best virtualization products for their business.
We are honored to be a part of this list as we continue to push the boundaries of virtualization in the IT space. To learn more about the CRN Virtualization 100, read our latest press release.
December 23, 2010
“Virtualization” has been a major buzzword these days in the world of IT. With so many enterprises virtualizing their datacenters, it is definitely becoming a new way of computing. I recently read this interesting article: “Is Server Virtualization The New Clustering?“. It gives some great insight on the trends of virtualization and how it can reduce operating expenses, while increasing resource utilization and making management much easier.
Want to learn more about virtualization? Check out this whitepaper or great overview video on www.iSCSI.com.
May 7, 2010
Does going “green”, especially when it comes to virtualizing servers and storage, seem just too complicated, unattainable, or idealistic? Surprisingly it is not as hard as you think. Join us on Wednesday, May 12, 2010 at 10:00 am PST for our weekly webinar, and we will answer all your questions, including:
- What is technology behind “green” server and storage virtualization?
- What are the best practices and procedures to implement or enhance green savings for today’s virtual environments?
- What is the pay off by going the “environmentally-friendly” route? Short term …Long term …
If you are trying to find new and cost effective ways to improve your current virtual environment, then this webinar will put your mind at ease. Sound interesting? Sign up here to and go green!
April 1, 2010
iSCSI has finally come into its own as a networked storage underpinning for virtual server environments (SearchStorage.com, 2010), but are you equipped with the right IP SANs solution to handle your virtual environment? Implementing a fully featured managed SAN has never been easier. The combination of server virtualization and IP SAN technology gives you tremendous flexibility to adapt to changing business requirements quickly and without the hassle.
To learn more, sign up for the IP SANs in a Virtual Server Environment webinar on Wednesday, April 1, 2010 at 10am PST.
We will provide in-depth information, highlighting how to use IP SANs in a virtualized environment. In addition, there will be several demonstations, including how to configure IP SANs within a VMware environment and how StoneFly can fit your VMware environment needs.
Click here to sign up for the informative webinar.