Last week I came across this interesting whitepaper on CIO.com about the rapid growth of server virtualization practices within mid-market businesses. Just over the past few years, the jump to server virtualization among midsized enterprises have increased dramatically and is expected to grow up until 2012. Here are some key findings:
- 30% of midsized companies (worldwide) started server virtualization before 2009, but that number doubled by the end of 2009
- 75% of companies expect to implement server virtualization by 2012
- From 2009 to 2012, the use of server virtualization jumped nearly 46% (from 29.1% to 75.1%)
- Transition to server virtualization compelled to upgrade and deploy storage area network (SAN) appliances
- Within the next 2 years, implementing disaster recovery to virtualization efforts becomes a big priority
Want to learn more about server virtualization? Here are some helpful links.
- What is server virtualization?
- See how StoneFly applies the principles of virtualization on all of our products
- Get the full experience of server virtualization by upgrading your storage to an IP SAN